We are advocates of data protection and effective privacy controls.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are we?
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (“Data Protection Legislation”), Trusted Law is the ‘data controller’.
TRUSTED LAW LTD is a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10309624 whose registered office is at Henderson Business Centre, Ivy Road, Norwich, NR5 8BF, England (“Trusted Law”).
What are our key privacy principles?
Trusted Law follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- we do not collect more personal data (i.e. information that can identify you) than is necessary;
- we do not use your personal data for purposes other than those specified when you provided that data;
- we do not keep your personal data if it is no longer needed; and
- we do not send your personal data to third parties.
What personal data do we collect from you?
Whilst you can use the Website without giving out your personal data, once you contact us via the Website, Trusted Law collects information about you, which may include:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Telephone numbers (including mobile)
- Social media details (for example, twitter, facebook, LinkedIn, Slack web addresses / contact details / profile links).
For any areas of the Website which require login details, we may also capture ‘Forgotten Password’ details (e.g. Mother’s maiden name) to assist with password recovery. Any payment details processed and/or retained pursuant to the provision of our services will be processed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
We may also collect technical information about you when you visit the Website. This information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and browser plug-in types and versions. Information about your visit(s) to the Website may also be collected. The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We may use your personal information:
- to process order requests for our services and to effectively provide our services;
- to give you information that you request from us and to improve our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to allow us to operate the Website efficiently;
- any relevant troubleshooting, testing or statistical analysis as appropriate; and
- to keep the Website secure.
We may, where we have obtained your express permission, also use the information collected to:
- provide you with information about our services that we offer via promotional emails;
- keep you up to date with features on the Website; and
- permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services they feel may interest you (a list of such third parties are available on request).
You can opt-out of any of these data uses at any time by emailing email@example.com. We will only keep your information for as long as reasonably required (up to a maximum of three years), or as stated in the contract you have with us.
Please note that we will be unable to process any orders for our services if you do not provide us with your name, address and contact details.
How do we protect your personal data?
When we collect information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures.
However, you should be aware that providing information over the internet can never be guaranteed as being completely safe and if you choose to send such information to us via the internet, you do so at your own risk.
How can you access the personal data we have on you?
You have the right to request access to the personal information we have relating to you. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for information requests if we reasonable consider them to be excessive. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We will fulfill your request by sending a copy of your personal data electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
How can you correct or delete your personal data?
If you believe that the personal data we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified will be deleted. If at any point you wish for us to delete information about you, you can simply email us at email@example.com.
We recommend that you print a copy of this page for your reference.
How can you make a complaint?
How can you contact us?
Last updated January 2018