We all need a nice holiday – but how do you prepare for yours?
If you’re not prepared, pre-holiday stress can make you forget even the most obvious and important items.
So, to help you if you’re off on holiday soon, we’ve put together a checklist to make sure you’ve got everything covered. Then all you need to worry about is whether to hit the beach or the sights when you arrive:
- Dig out your passport and make sure it’s still in date – it might sound simple but there is nothing that dampens your pre-holiday excitement quite like the realisation that you can’t find your passport or that it’s out of date.
- Check you have the essential documents for your trip – whether this is entry visas or your driving licence, your boarding pass or hotel confirmation, get organised and put them all together in a plastic folder.
- If you’re flying, make sure you know your luggage allowances – over-packing and being stuck at the check-in desk with luggage that’s too heavy can really start your holiday off on the wrong foot.
- Take out travel insurance and get an EHIC if you are going to Europe – making sure you have an in-date European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will ensure that if you were to get ill while you were away, you would be entitled to either free or subsidised health care.
- Make your home secure – nothing will snap you out of your post-holiday high like coming home to discover you’ve been broken into.
- Check your route and pre-book a parking space if your going to the airport – before you set off and while you are driving, listen to the radio for traffic alerts. Make sure you have planned your route and allow extra time in case of problems.
- Sort out your travel money – leaving your travel money to the last minute is another mistake which could cost you.
- Pre-book your car hire – if you are planning on hiring a car when you go on holiday, pre-booking is the key to save money.
- Sort out pet care – don’t forget to organise care for the furry member of your family while you are away.
- Tell your bank before you go abroad – it’s important that you contact your bank to let them know that you are going abroad and that you may want to use your debit or credit card while you are away.
And not forgetting, prepare to relax and enjoy yourself!
Something else to remember, although it may sound daft, but you should ensure that your Will is up to date – or if you haven’t got a Will, get one!
Consider this, what if something happens to you whilst you are away, you’d want to know you’re your affairs were in order , wouldn’t you?
What happens to your house, your money, your belongings, and most importantly, what would happen to your children? If you don’t have a valid Will, the rules of intestacy would decide what happens to your estate and children.
And don’t forget, it could take a while to update or write your Will, making sure it’s just as you want it. So, don’t leave until the last minute.
Are you unsure about making your own Will? Would you like some professional advice?
If you are putting off writing your Will because you are unsure of how to go about it or can’t decide on the fine detail, then there is no need to worry. To provide you with peace of mind, you can discuss your situation and concerns with Trusted Law.
We will work with you to agree what is best for you both and your family. Everything we discuss will always be private and confidential, and you will never feel rushed or pressured.
Trusted Law offers convenient appointments in the comfort of your own home – including evenings and weekends! So it couldn’t be easier…..
To make your appointment, or for an informal chat, please feel free to contact us on
Tel: 01953 711950 / 01603 339055
SMS text msg: 07972 212355 or
Please note that this information is provided as a guide only and in accordance with the current laws as at the date of publishing.
About Trusted Law Ltd
Our team take the time to get to know you, your family and your wishes to ensure that we are providing you with the right service. No matter how complicated your situation may be, we will work with you to find the right solution.
To read ’Our Story’ (explaining how Trusted Law was established) please click here.
If you would like to discover what our clients say about us, please feel free to read our client Testimonials.